Presence of global leaders in aircraft and equipment manufacturing
35% of the sector’s direct employees work for four large companies: Airbus Group (14 sites), Dassault (4 sites), Safran (10 sites) and Thales (11 sites)
- Airbus Defence and Space: premier contractor for major space programs
- Dassault Aviation: military aircraft fuselages and primary components
- Safran: jet engines and components
- Airbus Helicopters: design and production of helicopter rotor blades
- Other leading systems and equipment manufacturers: Zodiac, Lisi Aerospace, UTC, etc.
A center of excellence in Research & Technology
The vast majority aerospace R&T talent in France works in the Paris Region (90% for business aviation; 60% for propulsion and equipment; 50% for space transportation)
A wide range of aerospace education and training opportunities
The Paris Region’s higher education institutions offer 128 courses in the aerospace field.
The International Paris Air Show
The world’s leading aerospace exhibition: 55% international exhibitors, 315,000 visitors and trade orders worth $150 billion USD in 2013. Other key exhibitions in this sector: Eurosatory (land and air-land defense and security) and Euronaval (naval defense industry).