Global banking leaders headquartered in Paris Region
17 of the world’s 20 largest banks are present in the Paris Region.
Pioneering social and ethical finance
Socially responsible investment in France accounts for €3.5 billion annually, in sectors such as environment, social housing, and employment.
Europe’s leading region for asset management
- 600 asset management companies – including 400 entrepreneurial companies
- #1 fund management center in Europe and #2 in the world
- Funds under management exceed €2.9 billion
The world’s 4th largest insurance industry
- Gross premium income of €200 billion in 2010 (#2 in Europe)
- 460+ insurance companies
Private equity – financing the region’s growth
- More than €2.6 billion invested in 625 businesses (2012)
- 5,000 innovative start-ups and 75 incubators offering attractive opportunities for international investors
A payment industry innovator
- The Paris Region’s payment sector companies – highly innovative in their field – have been joined by many international industry players in recent years.
- Presence of many head offices for banks, retailers and telecom operators
- A large, skilled workforce: 550,000 jobs in Paris Region
- High-level training, world-renowned research:
- Academic and scientific research centers (Paris Saclay, INRIA, CEA, etc.) creating the future of financial modeling and cryptography; Top-tier financial engineering programs (Paris Dauphine, Polytechnique, HEC and ESSEC business schools, etc.)
Spotlight on: Finance Innovation competitiveness cluster
- More than 250 members: major companies, SMEs, universities and Grandes Écoles (elite universities), training and research centers, professional associations, local authorities, public institutions and economic development agencies
- 104 research projects since the cluster’s creation in 2007
- 5 strategic priorities: SME finance innovation; Research and financial innovation – financial training; building a European financial information hub; Finance and social/environmental innovation