- 1,000+ life sciences organizations
- 300+ pharmaceutical companies
- 200+ biotech companies, 360+ medical technology companies
- 360+ medical technology companies
Europe’s largest hospital network
- Assistance-Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris (AP-HP): 37 hospitals, 71,800 healthcare professionals including 15,800 doctors
- Europe’s largest hospital: Pitié-Salpêtrière (1,800 beds)
- 300 public and private research centers; 11,800 life sciences researchers
- Globally renowned institutions including the Pasteur Institute, Curie Institute, the Gustave Roussy cancer research center, INSERM (French institute of health and medical research), CEA (French alternative energies and atomic energy commission), etc.
- Top-tier higher education: 9 universities, 20 “Grandes Écoles”
- Europe’s #1 biomedical research center: 865 clinical trials each year involving 20,000 patients; 2,800 ongoing research projects
- Incubators and bioparks for innovative start-ups: Genopole, Paris Biotech, Agoranov, Paris Biopark, Biocitech, Villejuif Biopark, etc.
- Leading venture capital operations including Truffle Capital, Edmond de Rothschild, Investment Partners, CMC-CIC, Auriga Partners and Sofinnova.
Medicen Paris Region
- 220 members
- 208 accredited projects currently being funded (total investment of €753 million, including €353 million in state funding)
- Cutting-edge products in medical imaging, biological tools and devices
- 3 therapeutic fields: central nervous system, cancer and infectious diseases
- 3 key technologies: imaging, tissue and cell therapy, pharmaceuticals
150-acre oncology “cluster” in Villejuif bringing together the best and brightest from the academic, institutional and entrepreneurial worlds to fight cancer.
Read more : “Shaping the Future of Medicine at Cancer Campus in Villejuif”